Tuesday, March 27, 2007

52 DAYS UNTIL CH2K7

Hellooooooooooo! Well, it has been a busy, busy year but all of our planning and hard work is starting to pay off...we are only 52 days away until CH2K7 MADNESS begins. As some of you know, we had auditions in Boston this weekend. It was long, stressful, and intense...but AMAZING. We have four beautiful, wonderful, and extremely talented newbies joining us! But I'll get to those girls later. I left off last summer with a little farewell to each girl. Luckily, we squeezed in lots of visits to eachother over the year. However, when we did see eachother, it was strictly business. We never had any fun, and we definatly never partied. Ever. No matter what anyone says.

...Anyways. CH2K7 IS SO CLOSE. If you are very still, you may be able to sense it in the air. And now, the newbies.


Everyone say hello to Rachel Seiler. Rachel is really cute. Rachel is originally from Wisconsin. She is a Junior/Senior at Brandeis University. I say Junior/Senior because Rachel is actually in her third year of college, but she is also amazing...and she is graduating a year early. During her interview, I told her that her eyes were the color of moss, and they really are...you can look at them alot this summer. Rachel is in Company B, Brandeis' co-ed a cappella group, and was recruited (blackmailed maybe) by Jenn Sheehan to audition for Cape Harm. Rachel is a distinguished ballroom dancer (not kidding...how awesome?). I don't know about you...but I'm sort of psyched for Rach.


This is Katie Hogan. Katie is very near and dear to my heart because she was recruited by ME. I first met Katie when she auditioned for Chock Full o' Notes, my school group, and she blew me away. I followed her around all year until she agreed to audition. Katie is from Plaistow, NH and is a Freshman at Keene State College. Katie is really little and cute and one often gets the urge to pinch her cheeks. I rarely see her without a smile on her face, and you will surely get goosebumps when you hear her sing. Unfortunately, she is not related to Hulk Hogan. I mean...she is still okay, but we all have to agree that it would be WAY cooler if she was. She does know best, though.


This is Juliane Codd. I think it's pretty sweet that her last name is Codd. Juliane attends Boston University and sings with the Barbershop Sweethearts. Juliane is originally from Nashville, TN, and she is just a little ball of awesomeness. I mean, look at her. Don't you already love her? And you haven't even met her! It's crazy! I was just looking at Juliane's facebook profile and realized that our birthdays are exactly one day apart and that bumped her up about 9 levels on my coolness chart. Juliane is extremely talented and we just fell in love with her energy and spunk. I have a feeling that she will make the audience melt.


Last but MOST certainly not least, we have Laurel Stewart. Laurel is a student at Rochester University and is originally from Seattle, Washington. Are you noticing a trend? Cape Harmony is kind of going national this summer. Laurel floored us with two things. 1) Her uncanny ability to hit the lowest notes EVER and 2) Her uncanny ability to sight read. Literally, Amanda would show her a sheet of music and she'd be like...I got it. So she's pretty awesome. Laurel gave an amazing interview. Fun fact: Laurel was the voice on an audio book. Even more fun fact: It was a physics book. Pretty awesome, huh? We know we did a fabulous job, but you'll hear it for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home