Friday, June 30, 2006

India.Arie, My Love For Cape Cod, and Patrick McKenna

I must say I have gotten some fantastic feedback from a ton of people about the new blog! And by a ton of people, I mean my mother, my brother, and the girls in the group. But hey - it's only been two days since the blog was made. I'll give it at least a week before I expect my Pulitzer.

First and foremost, we will be singing the National Anthem at the Harwich Mariners game tonight, 7:00 - be there! And then I believe I will be skipping over to the Hyannis Sound show - everyone in the group went last Friday and I was unable to go. I can't wait! I've never been to one of their shows, and though I'll admit I listen to them on my iPod constantly, I know going to a live show will be a completely different experience. This summer has given me the opportunity to meet the Hyannis Sound, and I must say, they are not only extremely talented, but they are the nicest bunch of young men that I have ever met. Not to mention - their ravishing good looks.

We have a new obsession in the Cape Harmony house. Well, four of us have a new obsession anyway. "Testimony, Vol. 1: Life & Relationship", India.Arie's new CD is absolutely the most amazing thing that I have ever heard. Drew, Jenn, Melissa, and I listened to it for about 6 hours last night after rehearsal, and it is just fantastic - and highly recommended.

I have decided that Cape Cod is one of the greatest places on the face of the earth. It hit me today when Drew and I were laying out on the front lawn getting some sun and reading Cosmopolitan. Our neighbors came out to talk to us and everyone is just so darn friendly. One woman walked by and said "Hey, did I hear you guys rehearsing the other night? You guys sound GREAT!" I love it. I don't think I have been bored once since I've been here, even WITHOUT cable! Crazy. Absolutely crazy. I love Cape Cod.

As some of you may have seen, my lovely brother, Patrick McKenna, has left a comment on the first entry. He made fun of my "summer sisters" comment, but I deserve that, so I'll let it slide. Sometimes my cheesiness runs away from me. Patrick is a 25-year-old bachelor residing in Cincinnati, Ohio. Patrick enjoys long walks on the beach and his favorite color is green. I put the responsibility of finding Patrick a wife on myself for this summer - and I HAVE HIT THE JACKPOT! I have decided on Amanda Mulhall. That's right, Cape Harmony's own Amanda Mulhall. They have so many things in common! Their favorite movie is Gladiator, and their favorite show is South Park. They also both tend to give me this look that tells me they are both irritated with me and exasperated by my antics, but I know that look is out of pure love. Also, I would really like Amanda to be my sister-in-law.

My family is spending the first two weeks of July in Rhode Island, and they are going to be coming to some shows. I'm really just trying to make Pat and Amanda's meeting feel as awkward as possible. For my viewing pleasure.

I promise I'll have a point to my next entry.





"There's hope, it doesn't cost a thing to smile, and you don't have to pay to laugh - you better thank God for that." -India.Arie-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home